Filming Permits

Understand everything concerning the filming permits in Split-Dalmatia County

Filming Permits


The filming permit for commercial programs and advertising on the maritime property is granted by the competent local self-government unit based on the Maritime Property Management Plan.

The Split-Dalmatia County has created a separate web platform, “Pomorsko dobro“, which enables more transparent and efficient management and the use of maritime assets in the Split-Dalmatia County.

An information system has been integrated into the web platform (direct access:, enabling a simpler review of all data on the maritime domain, such as maritime domain management plans, permits, concessions, maritime domain borders and port areas in the Split-Dalmatia County.

For all inquiries related to the issuance of permits for filming in the maritime domain, you can contact the Administrative Department for Tourism and Maritime Affairs of the Split-Dalmatia County by e-mail



The public institution More i Krš can grant concession approvals for the economic use of natural resources and performance of other permitted activities in the protected areas and speleological facilities they manage, including the activity of filming and photography in protected areas to a legal person or an individual for a period of up to five years ( NN 80/13, 15/18, 14/19 and 127/19) Art. 188).

The exceptions are maritime properties, forests, and forest land owned by the Republic of Croatia in which case a public institution cannot grant concession approvals.

Legal and natural persons must be registered to perform certain activities, i.e. for photography and recording.

Concession approval can be granted directly upon request:

for performing one-off activities or activities that are not performed for more than seven days continuously on an annual basis,
to the owner and/or holder of rights of the land where the entrance/exit of the speleological facility is located,
to the owner and/or holder of rights to real estate within the protected area.

The Annual Program prescribes the concession fee for the performance of economic activities in protected areas for the protection, maintenance, preservation, promotion and use of the protected area.




The applicant is required to submit a Request for filming and/or photography in Split-Dalmatia County 30 days prior to the recording and/or photography commencement.

The request must contain the following:

  • Full name, address and contact of the responsible natural or legal person who plans to record and/or photograph
  • The reason and purpose of the filming
  • Summary of the scenario
  • List of people in the team (name and surname, OIB or passport number)
  • Planned date of arrival and time of filming and/or photography
  • Brand and registration number of the vehicle if the applicant intends to enter a place that is closed to public traffic or is in a strict protection zone
    Date and signature of the responsible person

This document is intended for local administrative purposes only and does not represent an authorisation for filming.

Any filming permit may require a partnership with a local film production and distribution company.
Local company’s knowledge of recording rules and procedures will significantly reduce the preparation and implementation time of your project.
Please find a list of production companies in our directory.

The Incentive Programme

Financial incentive for film and TV productions shot in Croatia is available to international and local filmmakers in the form of a 25% rebate on qualified spending in Croatia. An additional 5% is approved for productions filming in regions with below-average development.

The variety of filming locations, combined with high-quality local service providers and financial feasibility make Croatia one of the top destinations on the world filmmaking map.

You can claim incentives for the following categories:

  • Movies
  • Documentaries
  • Animated Films
  • Television films and TV series

The rebate does not apply to commercials, reality television, entertainment shows and soap operas.

Find out more about filming incentives at: